There was just enough softness in the high priced lots at Swann Galleries’ recent photography and photobook sale to dampen the overall results. With an overall Buy-In rate of roughly 30% and plenty of positive surprises, the sale had a chance to hit its marks, but when the numbers were tallied up, the Total Sale Proceeds fell just a touch below the low end of the aggregate pre-sale range.... Read on.
- Adrian Piper @Lévy Gorvy closes October 21
- Talking Pictures: Camera-Phone Conversations Between Artists @Met closes December 17
- Joel Meyerowitz, Between the Dog and the Wolf @Howard Greenberg closes October 21
- Joel Meyerowitz, Morandi, Cézanne and Me @Howard Greenberg closes October 21
- Anthony Hernandez @Yancey Richardson closes October 21
- Lisa Oppenheim: A Durable Web @Tanya Bonakdar closes October 21
- Lucas Samaras: New York City, No-Name, Re-Do, Seductions @Pace closes October 21
- Olivia Locher: I Fought the Law @Steven Kasher closes October 21
- Robert Adams, Trees @Matthew Marks closes October 21
- Trevor Paglen: A Study of Invisible Images @Metro Pictures closes October 21
- Mikiko Hara, In the Blink of an Eye 1996-2009 @Miyako Yoshinaga closes November 11
- Henri Cartier-Bresson: India in Full Frame @Rubin closes January 29
- Barbara Kasten, PARTI PRIS @Bortolami closes October 21
- Daido Moriyama, Tokyo Color @Luhring Augustine Bushwick closes October 22
- No reviews at this time.