After holding the record for the most expensive photograph sold at auction for more than a decade, Andreas Gursky’s Rhein II (which sold for roughly $4.3M in 2011) finally gave away to a new titleholder at the recent sale of Surrealist art from the Jacobs collection at Christie’s in New York. A rare vintage print of Man Ray’s iconic Le Violon d’Ingres (which Jacobs bought directly from Man Ray in 1962) soared to $12412500, meaningfully above its presale estimate range of ... Read on.
- Gillian Wearing: Wearing Masks @Guggenheim closes June 13
- Christiane Feser, Accurate Illusion @Gitterman closes May 27
- John Divola, Swimming Drunk @Yancey Richardson closes May 21
- Christopher Colville: A World on Fire @Rick Wester closes June 11
- Lorraine O’Grady, Body Is the Ground of My Experience @Alexander Gray closes June 11
- Renee Cox: Soul Culture @Hannah Traore closes May 28
- Jan Dibbets: Billions of Universes @Peter Freeman closes June 4
- Whitney Biennial 2022: Quiet as It’s Kept @Whitney closes September 5
- No reviews at this time.
- László Moholy-Nagy, Light Play @Fotografiska closes June 5